Game #1 - Western 3, Waterloo 2 (OT)
Western Takes Game 1

The Western Mustangs took on the Waterloo Warriors in the first game of this three game series. The Mustangs were first on the scoreboard with Mike Rice finding the net with an unassisted goal. Next followed Mustangs Jamie Chamberlain on a power play attack with stellar passing from Kevin Richardson and Chris Rowen. With the Mustangs leading 2-0, the Warriors counter attacked with only a couple minutes left in the first period, Sean Roche started off the great play with a pass to Frank Fazio who then turned it over to fourth year Adam Metherel who found the net and gave the Warriors a ray of hope. The second period was not as exciting as the first but did serve justice for the Warriors because of Jordan Brenner who tied up the game on a sweet pass from Trevor Graham. Period three was played out scoreless which led to overtime where third-year forward Jamie Chamberlain buried the puck behind Waterloo net minder Curtis Darling to lead the Western Mustangs over the Warriors 3-2 in OUA West semi-final hockey action.

Game two of the best-of-three playoff series goes Saturday in Waterloo. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m.

Game #2 - McGill 4, Ottawa 1
Gee-Gees Eliminated by the Redmen

The University of Ottawa Gee-Gees were swept from the post-season Friday night as they fell 4-1 to the McGill University Redmen in the second game of their best-of-three Ontario University Athletics (OUA) East Semi-Final series. After spending some time in the penalty box Alexandre Pagé redirected the puck to fellow teammate Daniel Jacob who then gave it away to Mathieu Leclerc who started the scoring summary for the Redmen on a power play attack.

Period two had most of the same features as the first period with 9 penalties and a lot of rough housing. Early in the second period Ken Davis blasted a shot past the Gee-Gees net minder to find himself scoring the second goal of the game, with passes from Benoit Martin and Pierre-Olivier Gosselin. Nearing the end of the second period Alexandre Pagé found himself adding another point to his career stats scoring the final goal of the period. Crediting the assists were Daniel Jacob and Doug Orr. Giving the Gee-Gees some ray of hope came early in the final stanza with Rob Rideout who was given the puck after flawless passing from Samuel Séguin and Jourdan Legace. The Redmen ended all hopes of a Gee-Gees rally when Lucas Madill scored into an empty net with just under a minute to play.

McGill will advance to play the UQTR Patroites for the OUA East Championship.

Game #2 - UQTR 6, Toronto 2
UQTR Crush the Blues

The UQTR Patriotes played host to the Toronto Varsity Blues for the second game in the OUA East Semi-Final. The Varsity Blues were faced with elimination if they did not come out to beat the Patriotes. This task was quickly made impossible when Patriotes Pierre Morvan scored early in the first period. Following shortly after was another quick goal by the Patriotes Yannick Lavigne who received a sweet pass from freshman Philippe Pronovost. The scoring action did not stop there because Samuël Gibbons finished the scoring summary for the period. The second period started off just the same with the Patriotes out scoring the Blues. Mathieu Thibodeau scored with not even a full minute of play. Nicolas Pelletier extended the Patriotes lead to 5-0. Frustrated Varsity Blues finally posted a goal half way through the period with Scott Malcolm leading the team. After getting a burst of energy from Malcolm's goal Andrew Smale scored on a power-play opportunity to give the Blues some hope. The third period started with a quick goal by Simon Nadeau to put the Patriotes out of reach for the Toronto Varsity Blues.

Game #2 - Lakehead 2, York 1 (OT)
Lakehead Eliminate the OUA Defending Champions

The quest for a second consecutive Queen's Cup came to an end Saturday as the defending OUA champion York Lions were eliminated from the postseason after losing for the second straight time in double overtime to the No. 9 ranked Lakehead Thunderwolves. Peter Cava scored at the 4:21 mark of the second overtime period to give Lakehead the sweep, 2-0, in the best-of-three series. The Thunderwolves won the opener 3-2 in double overtime on Wednesday. The win puts Lakehead into the OUA West Finals beginning on Wednesday against the Western Mustangs.

Lakehead netminder, Chris Whitley played an outstanding game, turning aside 51 York shots for the win while his counterpart in the Lions' goal, Scott Della Vedova, was also very sharp, stopping 44 Lakehead shots. The first period was scoreless and it was Lakehead's Joel Scherban who opened up the scoring 30 seconds into the second on the powerplay with the assists going to Mike Self and Jeff Richards. Play was fairly even for the first two periods but the Lions came out hard in the third and took the play to Lakehead. York was rewarded for their efforts when Jason Pinizotto tied the game at 16:43 of the third with the assist going to Shane Nash.

The first OT saw both teams getting some good chances but neither capitalizing. The second OT saw both teams get a great chance apiece early but then the Wolves put on the pressure and pinned the Lions in their end. Lakehead's Cava won the draw cleanly back to Steve Rawski who fired it at Della Vedova and Cava jumped on the rebound and fired it in for the victory. Lakehead will now look to win the OUA West Finals when the action begins on Wednesday.

Game #2 - Waterloo 3, Western 0
Waterloo Forces Third Game

The Waterloo Warriors battled back to win game two from the Western Mustangs and still have a chance at finding themselves in the OUA West championship match. Warriors Sean Roche started the scoring blasts with the only goal of the first period. Period two was scoreless but still jam-packed with action because of the six penalties. Period three started with Doug Spooner's goal with the assist going to Kevin Hurley. Geoff Rivers finished the battle with the final goal of the game to even the series at a game a piece and forcing a third and deciding game. Warriors Curtis Darling is credited with the shut-out because of his phenomenal 36 saves.

Game #3 - Western 4, Waterloo 1
Western Moves on to OUA West Final

The Western Mustangs advanced to the OUA West men's hockey final with a 4-1 win over the Waterloo Warriors Sunday night at Thompson Arena. The victory gave the Mustangs a 2-1 win in the best-of-three semifinal series. Third-year forward Jamie Chamberlain, a 1999 draft pick of the Dallas Stars, scored the eventual game winner midway through the second period. Kelly Paddon, Matt Manias and Ryan Hare rounded out the scoring for the Mustangs. Kevin Hurley was the lone goal scorer for the Warriors. Netminder Mike D'Alessandro recorded his second victory of the series stopping 18 shots. Curtis Darling, the winner of game two at Waterloo Saturday, took the loss after allowing four goals on 33 shots.

The Mustangs face the Lakehead Thunderwolves in the West final with a berth in the OUA Queen's Cup on the line.